First Time Applicants
First time applicants must complete an Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11)
Available at the CSULB U.S. Passport Application Acceptance Office and the travel.state.gov website.
Proof of United States Citizenship (only one of the following is required)
- Original State-issued birth certificate
- Certified copy of State-issued birth certificate
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
Note: Birth certificate abstracts from California and Texas are not accepted. Birth records issued by a hospital are not accepted. Also, applicants may be required to submit original name change documents (marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers).
Photocopy of U.S. Citizenship Evidence
If submitting an expired U.S. passport book or card as citizenship evidence, no photocopy is required.
- Current State-issued driver's license
- Current State-issued ID Card
- Current Military ID
Photocopy of ID front and back
- One recent passport photograph (A photograph service is available at the CSULB Passport Office.)
- Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the passport application fee.
- Credit card, debit card or money order payable to CSULB Passport for the application execution and photo fees. The execution fee is set by the U.S. Department of State.
- Children under 16 years of age must apply in person with both parents present (for consent and proof of identity).
- Minors 16 or 17 years old must apply in person with one parent.
Note: When presenting a passport to prove citizenship of a child, a birth certificate is also required to verify the parents’ relationship to the child.
Our Response to COVID-19
Per the university’s recent and temporary transition to alternative service delivery, the CSULB U.S. Passport Application Acceptance office will be closed from March 17 to April 21. We apologize for any inconvenience. To find alternative passport application acceptance facilities and for the most recent passport processing times and travel advisories, visit travel.state.gov. For the status of passport applications or renewals, please call the National Passport Information Center at (877)487-2778.
Hours of Operation
Wednesday - Thursday:
10:30 AM - 1:30 PM & 2:00 - 4:30 PM
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Appointments are recommended. Walk-ins are taken on a space available basis only and are not guaranteed service.
Call (562) 985-7790 to schedule an appointment.
Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, Weekends, and University Holidays
California State University, Long Beach
Career Development Center
1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Brotman Hall 250
Long Beach, CA 90840
For information call (562) 985-7790 or
fill out our on-line form
U.S. State Department Links
The best resource for all of your U.S. Passport questions is http://travel.state.gov
You will find up to date information on a website that is easy to navigate.